How to use IPFS Desktop
Uploading gigantic folders and files to IPFS sometimes could be tricky! But we are going to make it. I tried to write complete instructions on how to do this. But feel free to ask if something isn't going according to plan. 😉
- 1.First thing we need to do is to install IPFS Desktop client. Follow the link and choose your option.
- 2.Open your IPFS Desktop and wait a bit until it loads.
- 1.By default IPFS protects you from memory clogging. But it also prevents us from uploading large files! On sidebar on the left go to
- 1.Scroll down to
"10h"(it should be
"StorageGCWatermark"to 99. And set
"StorageMax"to your content size + 15GB (e.g. if your folder size is 50GB set
- 1.Go up to
IPFS CONFIGsection and hit
- 1.Yep! Restart your IPFS app. Just close and open it again 😄
That was the hardest part! Let's start uploading 😜
- 1.Go to
FILEStab on your sidebar.
+Importbutton and select your folder.
- 1.Wait a bit and you should see folder on your screen. Click on three dots on the right and select
- 1.Click on three dots again and copy your CID.
- 1.Send your CID to us!
This is it! Now it's time for us to retrieve your content from your node! It's like a torrenting. So please don't close your IPFS Desktop app until we upload all your files (we'll pin it to the IPFS network - so when you disconnect, the files will still be available). We'll let you know when it's over. 😊